Every other summer, my family makes a trip to South Carolina to visit my father's family. We always have a great time and I end up taking a ton of pictures. I thought I would narrow the trip down into categories for easier reading! Which brings me to one of my favorite topics...FOOD. I love it...especially in the summer and when with family. In fact, I was reminded of that, last night, when I had to perform the "Get in these Jeans" dance. Which makes me wonder why I gain weight during the summer? I know why, but it still makes me a bit angry at myself! (That might be a post for later!)
Back on track...Food in South Carolina. I am a sucker for loving food related to certain regions. You know...when you go on a trip and in order to feel like you are "one" with the location, you must eat this item until you can't breathe. Don't act like you don't know that feeling! Some examples from states that are dear to my heart:
Arizona: Matta's Mexican Restaurant (the old school one), Pete's Fish and Chips, LJ's Pizza, fresh citrus, guava ice cream
Colorado: anything from my grandma's garden, peaches, Bing cherries, Enstrom's Chocolate Almond Toffee
Oklahoma: Mommasita's cooking, June's crunchy crust, Taco Bueno, Mazzio's Pizza
Tennessee: Gardner's Market peach tea, Jenkin's Deli, Village Bake Shop's Thumbprint Cookies
South Carolina: Carolina BBQ, boiled peanuts, Edisto Beach tomatoes, Beaufort Stew, grits, crabs, John Derst Bread
Enjoying my South Carolina favorites:
Back on track...Food in South Carolina. I am a sucker for loving food related to certain regions. You know...when you go on a trip and in order to feel like you are "one" with the location, you must eat this item until you can't breathe. Don't act like you don't know that feeling! Some examples from states that are dear to my heart:
Arizona: Matta's Mexican Restaurant (the old school one), Pete's Fish and Chips, LJ's Pizza, fresh citrus, guava ice cream
Colorado: anything from my grandma's garden, peaches, Bing cherries, Enstrom's Chocolate Almond Toffee
Oklahoma: Mommasita's cooking, June's crunchy crust, Taco Bueno, Mazzio's Pizza
Tennessee: Gardner's Market peach tea, Jenkin's Deli, Village Bake Shop's Thumbprint Cookies
South Carolina: Carolina BBQ, boiled peanuts, Edisto Beach tomatoes, Beaufort Stew, grits, crabs, John Derst Bread
Enjoying my South Carolina favorites:
Carolina BBQ with the family at DUKE's
I made my cousin, Ann, stop so I could snap a picture!
Pre-eating excitement! Peanut is ready!

Beaufort Stew: Potatoes, Sausage, Corn, Shrimp, and Crabs!
This is an Edisto tradition. All quite delicious, but the shrimp were insanely good~


I HAD TO INCLUDE THIS PIC of my cousin's daughter, RA Cutie! This little crabbie became her friend. She literally tried to keep it as a pet!

Okay...now that my mouth is drooling...I am ready to eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment