

Same idea as the shapes except using numbers:

We used shaving cream to practice letters, numbers, shapes, and drawing a face. I would draw the item on a white board then the kids have to tell me what it is and try to draw it themselves. This is a great tactile activity and reinforces skills learned. I used to do this with ketchup when the kids were younger. We would do right before bath in a diaper or I would just put the ketchup in a ziplock baggie and let them squish away.



I am not sure why, but my brain works in themes. It often drives me (and everyone around me) crazy particularly around trip time. I like to put together activities for the ride to our vacation destination. I found this website that has some really great learning ideas for toddlers...one of my personal favs! On this site are tot books (activity books). Well, for our last trip, I found activities to go with movies the kids had. This is an example of something we did.


I am working on some activities for our trip to South Carolina...I will take some pics and share later.
No comments:
Post a Comment