Wednesday, April 14, 2010

From "TUTU" Three!!!

What were we thinking having two babies with birthdays within two weeks of each other AND so close to Easter?  Not only that, we have like 6 family members to buy presents for too!  CRAZY, I say, CRAZY!  This year, we decided to have a low key party for Little Miss Peanut.  We invited our family and friends we are really close with.  I have to say that it was so nice...I didn't feel too crazy.  :)  My clothes are still not put away from our trip to Oklahoma...that's not bad...it was only a week ago.  Right?  Back to the party details...
A few months back, my mom suggested a tutu party because Little Miss wears her tutus EVERYWHERE!  I got to thinking and came up with the FROM "TUTU" Three theme.    


Little Miss sat at a desk welcoming her guests and then asked them to sign her book, The Yellow Tutu!  Let me tell you this book is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!  It is about a girl that opens a tutu for her birthday and decides to be an original by wearing the tutu on her head.  A must read!


This area was set up for the kids to do crafts and eat their food.  The little vase at the back with tissue flowers had glittered foam stickers.  The kiddles didn't even touch any of this!  They were happy just to play house together!



Goodie Boxes...I love putting goodies together for our guests.  I always try to include items that parents don't feel like have to be thrown away the next day.  The glitter boxes (for girls) and buckets (for boys) were in the $1 section at Target.  We included Mr. Sketch thin markers...they smell good enough to eat.  I use them to grade my papers (I will use anything to make it more pleasant!)  Scratch 'N' Sniff stickers...the smell reminds me of being in elementary school!  A couple of pieces of candy! Last, but certainly not least, CRAYON RINGS!  So cute...we used them as bracelets for the girls, but they are super easy for smaller ones to grasp and color!  My cousin made them for me...you can find the business she shares with her mother here and here.  Check them out!            





Usually, I fix some sort of meal, but this time I only served salsa and chips and cheese puffs.  The only real things that I made were the cupcakes and the punch.  The frosting was to die for and from the Pioneer Woman's recipe site...you should try it.  I used a huge tip and piping bag for the frosting.  Way fun to do and not too bad for my first time!  The punch was a jello punch recipe!   Super refreshing.  If you want, holler!      







Do you see the gorgeous poms in all of the food photos!?!  Aren't they great?  So incredibly delicate and vibrant!  I won them from PomLove during a giveaway on Polka-Dots and Pirates.  They were cute for me and then I just poofed them up!  So simple!  Both girls are great to work with and super talented.    


Oh, the OUTFIT!  I l-o-v-e Etsy.  I was cruising through and find this adorable shirt from Paisley and Posies.  The tutu was included!  This saved me a lot of time because I usually make all of Little Miss P's tutus!  As you can see, we curled her hair with sponge rollers too...for the first time...so fun!



Okay, so I have to admit...
there are a few things that drove me crazy that I didn't get to and have to get it off my chest...
  • BIRTHDAY SIGN...had all the supplies, but just ran out of time
  • TABLE CLOTH...I hate the plastic!  That is just my preference.  I am having a hard time finding material that will fit the surface of my table.  I am going to end up making one!  
  • WRAP PLASTICWARE...I wanted to wrap up and tie it with tulle.
  • TUTUS for all the girls to wear at the party!   

   SILLY THINGS, but it drove me crazy and still does!  :)  What is most important is that Little Miss P got to be the princess for the day and had a blast.  I am so proud of her...ahhhhh...she is 3!!!
   

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute Jayme!! I just love it! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the Yellow Tutu at the library- the sweetest book!
    Don't sweat the small stuff- the party looks like an absolute success!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails