Saturday, April 24, 2010

STREET BALL BIRTHDAY PARTY

Little Man is 6!  Yikes!  My baby is getting so old.  Last year, LM wanted to have a basketball party.  I went with it and did something very simple.  This year, LM wanted to do a basketball party.  What?  Again?  It's not like basketball isn't a part of our everyday life!  Ha!  What can I say?  The kid loves basketball.  I had to think of a way that we could both be happy.  I didn't want a repeat of last year, but wanted my baby to get what he wanted too.  I tossed around all kinds of themes just hoping he would change his mind.  NO LUCK!  So, that is when my wheels had to start turning...BIG TIME.  On a trip to the Nike Outlet, I found a shirt that had "basketball" written in a graffiti, spray painted font.  This is all it took for the "STREET BALL" theme to click.    I tried to mix the idea of basketball and hip hop.  Check out his party...

{INVITES}
So fun to do...sorry the print is so hard to read!  Originally the plan was to have the party out in our driveway, but it rained on that parade!  :)  Good thing, Brian is the basketball coach!  That freed up the high school gym for the festivities!  So much room for the kids to run!  Brian played a couple of games, but the kids mostly just wanted to be free to shoot!
{On the invite}
Little Man is SIX
Come over for a while and hoop it up street ball style
Court: Little Man's Driveway
Tip-Off: 6-8 PM
Concessions Included


{REGISTRATION}
"Ballers" had to "register" by signing a keepsake basketball for Little Man.  He wanted to make the sign...I could not resist...PRECIOUS!  See the ball with the fire shooting out of it?  






{LET THE PARTY BEGIN}

{BRICK WALL}
We created the brick wall using black butcher board paper, gray paint, and square sponges.  After that dried, I "tried" to graffiti his "Happy Birthday."  It works for a 6 year old!




{GHETTO BLASTERS}
We filled "ghetto blasters" with goodies to provide an extra boost for the "street ballers." I used the larger boxes for the kids that were Little Man's age and the smaller ones for their siblings.  I wish now that I would have had all the small ones...I loved the bold colors!  
We included Gatorade, trail mix, gum, tattoos, and a CD to get them fired up!  The CD had 6 of Little Man's favorite songs.  The CD label had a thank you on it too!    




{FOOD}
We went super simple and focused on food and drink that would be at a street ball event. 
 





{TIME TO OPEN PRESENTS}


{PHOTO OP}
All of the kids got their picture taken with the headphones and basketball in front of the graffiti wall.


{CREATE YOUR OWN GRAFFITI}
Everyone got the chance to create their own graffiti artwork by using Crayola's GEL Markers.  



Little Man loved his party and we had a blast working together to dream up the party.  Of course, we had help from our friends and family too!  

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you are so creative!! I love all the great ideas for his birthday:) When I have a birthday party to plan, I'm coming to you for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your party on Creative Party Place. I love it! Your "brick wall" is so clever and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Michelle...thanks!
    @Randi...I am finally looking at my comments over the last couple of months. Have been a bit behind, so thanks! I checked out your blog...very fun. I have it bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails