Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4 MONTHS...Holy Cow!

Yup...it has been 4 months...holy smoke-o-lies!  I always feel like I have to offer excuses as to why I am so far behind.  Which I am sure no one cares!  :)  As I lay in bed trying to sleep at 4 am this morning, I tried to figure out what my problem has been.  Am I uninspired?  Busy?  Lazy?  Are there too many things to keep up with?  Or do I feel so far behind on this bloggy thing that I push it to the side?  Could it be that I am trying not to be obsessed with technology?  Maybe just maybe it is because I often feel inadequate when I look at all of the amazing things other mommas are doing.  What is that saying?  Jake of all trades, master of nothing.  I know that more than likely it is a combination of several things.  Trying not to be down, I racked my brain to figure out the why.  I am always trying to learn things about myself by being objective.  It is something my parents tried to instill in us and my Daddy may just be an objective expert even to this day.  I hope that my kids can learn this trait from me.  I think I become obsessed with certain things and then slack off in other areas.  For example, sometimes I can't stop thinking about planning parties then exercising then organizing then blogging and so on.  It is like a vicious cycle.  I keep telling myself that I have to maintain balance and stay motivated.  You know how you just don't feel like you are doing a good job in one area and so you turn to that area and go overboard trying compensate for your short comings?  I remembered and revisited a friend's blog post from a while back about having rhythm not balance.  She had some good points!  I know that I am leaning on the Lord more than ever to help me maintain and embrace all that he has blessed me with...tired of the devil trying to make me feel like I am not good enough in various areas of my life especially about being a good momma.  In an attempt, I am making it a goal to keep up with this blog at least once a week.  It may not be super fancy or "inspired", but it will be about our week.  Enough about my drama...what is your drama?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the linky love, Jayme! I'm in the same boat as you, well, the bloggy boat anyways. I feel like b/c I'm not a mom, I don't have cute, antecdotes to write about. Keep it up girl, I love to read all about your parties and what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails