- Create little goodie bag or presents for kids to open up. This last trip, I had little Halloween bags filled with little trinkets (necklace, flip bracelet, tattoos, gummy Lifesavers, etc.).
- Bring lots of snacks/drinks and when you think you have enough...add some more. You can NEVER have enough! Security lets you bring small drinks through if they are for kids.
- Have Clorox wipes and antibacterial wipes handy. I'd wipe everything down!
- Bring activities and books that revolve around a theme.
- Blankets are a necessity, so the kids don't get cold!
- Extra clothing/socks for YOU and kids! Trust me...you may need them for yourself. Miss P threw up one time all over herself, Brian, me, and the man sitting near us! We didn't have extra clothes for Brian. YUCK!
- Make sure the shoes you and kids are wearing are comfortable and easy to get on and off quickly. Security check requires everyone take shoes off and it is awful when people are rushing you to hurry up. You may also want to make sure you all are wearing socks...just seems gross for everyone's bare feet germs to be everywhere.
- Take a stroller...even if your kids are bigger. Most airports I have flown out of have a special line for this! IT IS SHORTER and helps you avoid standing in a long line with small children. The stroller also makes it easier to keep track of kids because getting distracted will happen in an airport filled with chaos!
- Take pics of the people you are going to see...builds excitement for kids.
- DO NOT take any liquids that are more than 2 ounces. You must have liquids in a plastic bag too!
- Have gum, pacifier, bottle, or chewy candy ready for landing and take off. This helps release tension in their little ears when the air pressure changes.
- This was my first time on a plane with a DVD player and it would have worked out great if I had charged it! :)
- Minimize your bags into 1. That means no purse...put important stuff in the big bag and pack purse in suitcase. You can switch it over when you get there!
- Be prepared to deal with flight personnel and passengers that don't love kids. I hate this, but it is so true! Smile, but remember to protect your kids!
***Couple of funny things that happened on this trip...
- While working with Little Man, Miss Thing spilled a tiny bit of water. She was taking her clothes off when I turned around to check on her! Nothing like a streaker on a plane!
- LM accidentally spilled his drink all over the man sitting next to him. Keep in mind that he was asleep! Ha! What a way to wake up. The guy was totally awesome about it, but I was super mortified!
- The above weren't so bad! I have been on a 12 passenger plane's restroom with two kids. LM was using the restroom while I had Miss Peanut on my hip. She began vomiting all over the lavatory door. That was a mess! Never a dull moment!
HAPPY TRAVELING!
No comments:
Post a Comment