
I have a love/hate relationship with play doh. The teacher mom in me squeals...LOVE. The house keeper mom in me yelps...HATE. Playing with dough in any form is a great outlet for children to express themselves artistically, develop fine motor skills, relieve stress, and stretch their imagination to the limit. It also can be a huge mess. I have learned to cope by laying a plastic table cloth on the floor around the table to catch dough strays! Easy clean-up for sure!
We use the original, PLAY-DOH, but we like to get super crazy in this house and make our own. There are lots of recipes out there, but not all turn out as the perfect dough! We just recently made peanut butter play dough and Kool-Aid play dough! The kids loved it and I loved it too! In fact, the Kool-Aid dough worked out so great that I have been smelling and playing with it when I get stressed. Try some of the recipes below or check out the links given...either way it will be fun.
KOOL-AID Play Dough
2 1/2 cups flour...add more if needed
1/2 cup salt
2 packages of Kool-Aid
1 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
2 cups boiling water...start with a cup and build up to two if you need it!
3 tablespoons of water
Mix Dry Ingredients and then add the wet! Careful with the hot water!
I like recipes with cream of tartar the best! It helps make the dough smooth and not crumble.
Peanut Butter Dough
1/2 cup of Peanut Butter
1 cup of powdered milk
1/2 cup of honey
Mix together, play, and then maybe eat some. :)
My friend, Colleen, gave this to me! Love having "mommy" friends that send stuff your way!
Dough Doh HEADS...super cute dough you can order!
No comments:
Post a Comment