Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful 101


This year I felt impressed more than ever to talk to the kids about being thankful. We discuss this all year long, but want them to know the meaning of Thanksgiving. Over the last couple of weeks, I have had the kids writing thank you notes to our friends and families. I felt it was important for me to step back and evaluate my own heart, so I began reading verses about being thankful. It was a good attitude check for me. A feeling of being blessed has always been very real in my life, but at times have found myself always wanting more. You know, those moments...I love that, I want it...clothes, better hair, car, staying home, being near my parents, better body, housekeeper, etc. Suddenly dissatisfaction sets in because there is a switch from what I have to what I don't have. I want to be careful to notice every little thing that the Lord is doing for me. This just serves as a reminder...What occupies my attention? Am I grateful for what I have or always thinking about what I'd like to have? Take a moment to be thankful for the little things in life! Happy Thanksgiving!

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name."
Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails