It's all about creating memories in this house. Brian and I cherish all of our childhood memories, so we are constantly reminiscing and recreating. We really love to set up traditions that remind us of our favorite memories. One of my favorite childhood traditions was going to the Mother/Daughter Tea (Banquet) at our church. I am not sure what it is exactly that made this so fun. Was it getting dressed up? Was it that my mother planned it? Was it going with my mother? Was it socializing with everyone from church? Was it all of the amazing food that we got to eat? I guess it is a combination of all of these! When I got married, I was devastated that I wasn't able to go with her anymore. I was even more sad when I had a little girl! I want so badly to be there, just one year, with Little Miss P. It would be so fun if we could all go together.
A few years ago, I tried to recreate this tradition here in Ohio by having a tea party with the kids. It has been a hit ever since! This year, Little Man had a huge part in setting up which made it so special. While I prepared the food (mini sandwiches, sugar cookies, and kool-aid), he set about the details of the table.
He had to have a tablecloth...a bit wrinkled, but p-r-e-c-i-o-u-s.
The MENU:
His Place Setting...notice the silverware is wrapped in a paper towel with our initials written on it:
Looks like the goal of making a special memory was achieved! Look at those faces:
Isaiah will forever hate you when he gets older and realizes you subjected him to this and put it online!
ReplyDeleteOh, hush! It is all in good fun. I am sure I can try to remember or make up some times that would make you hate me. I will try to avoid these posts for his sake. Look at you...uncle looking out for his nephew.
ReplyDelete