Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lemonade Party

One of my very favorite activities is to entertain! I love to plan parties and hang out with friends. I often think back to my college days when I threw a bridal shower for my good friend, Jessie. MORTIFYING! She actually threw one for me and it was so much better than my attempt! I have tried to improve my skills with some occasional success. I will try to post some pictures of past birthday parties I have done for the kids at a later time.
So, I got this idea to have summer party for my friends and decided to host a Southern Living AT HOME party. One of my favorite drinks is lemonade, so a theme evolved. I didn't plan for this party like I usually do! Normally, I am making plans months ahead of time. This party was planned in just a couple of weeks, so I wasn't able to find as many themed items as I like (AND a lot of summer goodies have been clearanced out). While I had fun planning and prepping the food, the party didn't turn out as I envisioned because I held my sick little baby girl for the majority of 2 days. Some ideas had to go! I only am posting some of the pics for my mom to see and the recipes because several have asked for them. Also, please note that photos are not great because my camera is broke!

INVITE...



Pitcher was the centerpiece...the cups were from the dollar store and used for plasticware and lemon candies!

Had on my counter as another pop of LEMON color...


Okay, so, this is my weak attempt at making a sign! I love to use my Cricut any chance I can. My 1st choice would be to use items from POLKA DOTS and PIRATES, but this party was a bit last minute for her work. This woman is amazing! Check her out! I am even on the waiting list for the kids' birthday parties for next spring.

This was on top of the lemonade stand...


Found this on a whim at Sam's while I was waiting for Brian to pick me up...


FOOD...YES...I see that the tablecloth is not centered...sorry! Needed a pop of color with a runner, don't ya think?

One the ideas that didn't get completely done...food cards...so simple...labels on scrapbooking card stock...


I wanted to give these as favors, but decided to give to friends when I deliver their Southern Living AT HOME products...Brian laughed at me on this one!

MY FAVORITE...Little Man loves to help me plan and set up for the parties...from start to finish...literally...this was his contribution...I LOVE IT AND HIM! He knows how to make a momma's heart swell with pride...


RECIPES...
It is super hard for me to follow a recipe. I learned to cook from my mommasita and Grandma Jean. We go by feel and taste, so some have actual recipes and others are just me playing around with recipes.

Arugula Salad with Lemon Dressing~

Ingredients:
Arugula
Parmesan Cheese
Lemon Dressing

Dressing:
4 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
2 tsp of sugar
Salt/Pepper to taste
3 tbsp of olive oil
3 tbsp of grape seed oil
Whisk it dressing ingredients together and toss with Arugula and Cheese!
Add some pine nuts for crunch!

Lemon Fruit DIP
Ingredients:
2- 6 ounce containers of lemon yogurt
8 ounces of sour cream
1 tablespoon of Agave Syrup
1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
Mix all together and serve with any kind of fruit. I used strawberries.
Maggie's FRESH DIP
***I got this from my friend, Maggie! I add some salt to the cream cheese for extra flavor and bumped the basil up!
Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
dash of kosher salt
2-3 tablespoons of basil
one diced tomato
one diced cucumber

Mix cream cheese, garlic, basil, and salt together; form into a ball; add chopped veggies to the top! Serve with your favorite crackers!
MOCK TOFFEE BARS...Family Fun recipe...just click!

LEMON BERRY CUPCAKES...love this recipe from my favorite Food Magazine; used a combo of berry flavors! Just click...

Special shout-out to Debbie for helping me finish up last minute things and taking some photos for my family to see. Cathy from Southern Living AT HOME for driving four hours for a party! She is wonderful! Also, Tim for taking the kids for the evening! Thanks! Hope everyone had a good time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails