Saturday, June 12, 2010

School's OUT for Summer!

We were able to officially begin our summer today!  School has actually been out for Brian going on 2 weeks AND Little Man and I had school until June 3.  The reason summer finally started for us is because we don't have a 12+ paper to write (ME) and basketball camp to run (Brian).  The last couple of weeks have been crazy.  Let's just say that our sleep has been a bit limited and our house was a war zone.  The kids had SEVERE strep throat too.  Awful, awful, awful.  My parents were here during that time and really helped take care of them...they also helped fix and redecorate a few things too (more on that later...think zebra stripe...love it).  I am sure they were sad to go (we were...Little Miss keeps acting so sad), but happy to get home and rest!
I turned my paper in yesterday and headed off to our local water park with the kiddles, my friend-Mags, and her kids!  Despite the rain, we had a good time.  We went to Brian's shoot out then were in bed just after 10.  For me to be in bed anywhere near 10 is HUGE!  What is even bigger is that I woke up, looked at the clock, and it is was 10 AM.  People...my kids slept in...let's rephrase that...LITTLE MISS slept in which meant we all got to sleep in!  It was even raining...the perfect sleeping in weather!  An incredible start to a great day of NOTHING.  That's right...absolutely NOTHING.  Brian and I can't even remember the last time that we got to DO NOTHING.
In the spirit of NOTHING, I am signing off to watch Toy Story 2 with Little Man which will involve laying on the couch doing NOTHING.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails