Garage Sale season is upon us! Much to my mother's frustration, garage sales and "big" TRASH Day are enticing for my father. He feels like someone's trash could be his treasure someday or may be a supply he needs to fix something! Growing up, I thought his little hobby was a bit embarrassing, but I will admit that we got some good use out of some of these items (i.e. pool basketball hoop). Now, that I am old and mature (HA), I do see that one can get a great deal like last year when my mother-in-law, Debbie, found me a white Pottery Barn bookshelf for my cookbooks! Just recently, she has started taking Little Man on garage sale adventures. He loves it, but sometimes Debbie doesn't have the heart to direct him on what to buy. So far this season, we have added all of these items to our "toy" collection.

The biggest hit of the season are Little Man's new baseball pants. He wants to wear them everywhere including his own baseball games.

The pants are black with white pin stripes, have cute little buttons at the top, flair at the bottom, and fit his little tooshie quite nicely. They definitely aren't baseball pants, but they are adorable! I know what you are thinking...the previous phrases and words are not words that should come to mind when looking at boy baseball pants! YOU ARE RIGHT and I thought the same thing! Upon closer inspection, I found that the pants are actually girl dress slacks!

If you know me, I encourage old fashioned imagination and individuality, but I am going to have to draw the line...no wearing the pants outside of this house! Sorry, Debbie! Brian, you can thank me by purchasing me some new sandals! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment