Monday, June 15, 2009

Laugh at Myself

I think it is good to laugh at yourself! For some reason, I seem to be laughing a lot. What do you think that means? Today, I had an appointment to get Peanut some ear plugs. I was rushing us out of the house because I had a feeling that I had the wrong time down...which was correct. We were on our way lickety split. I was feeling good...singing the "Wheels on the Bus" at the top of my lungs when I started to notice how comfortable my shoes felt. I didn't recall them feeling this way earlier in the day. Naturally, I looked down, to see that I had slipped on Brian's shoes. Not only did they not match my outfit, they are about 2 times the size of my 5 1/2 feet! Ugh! I was too far down the road to turn back, so I busted into the Doctor's office with these on...


The lady helping us kept making comments about Peanut's cute shoes, so I figured it was to overcompensate for my GINORMOUS (made up word?) ones!


After feeling stupid in the office, we exited through the elevator. Only...we left with a loud alarm...yes...Peanut hit the elevator emergency button and called the police department. Mortified on many levels, I decided I was over being embarrassed and took the opportunity to do some shopping for Father's Day. Let me say that heads were turning...I just smiled and kept my head up high! Happy Laughing...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing funny stories. I have so many memories of laughing with you, I can't even count them.
    Like when we sneaked into the back of my brother's truck and he gave us a crazy ride...
    or when we got tipsy on a dessert in the 8th grade....etc etc.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails