Wednesday, June 24, 2009

VBS...Crocodile Style

Last week flew by because we had VBS everyday. I love that I had the opportunity to play a role in the pouring of God's Word into little children's hearts. Not to mention, we have an amazing Children's Pastor that looks at every angle possible to insure children have a good time learning more about the Lord.
Having said that...I am plum exhausted and the wonderful, abundant Word wasn't the only thing that was pouring...the sweat flowed rivers down my spine. This wasn't because we were outside or that we weren't in air conditioning. I was a line leader for the 2 year olds! We also traveled to each station with the 3 year olds...double YIKES! Running here there and everywhere was the name of the game. I think I came home and took a nap with the kids 3 out of the 5 days. The most running came on Sunday morning for the program...we led our crew up on the stage and had a few decide to wonder astray...including Peanut! One child made a running jump off the stage and bolted to his mother! I HATE BEING IN FRONT OF A CROWD more than anything, so you know it was the Lord that I was even able to help manage the kids. I kept reminding myself that people love to come and see kids do funny things...guaranteed the VBS program brought a powerful message and a few laughs! Here are some highlights of the kids last week:

DRESS CRAZY to Scare the Crocs Away Day



PJ DAY


HAT 'N' Funky HAIR DAY

~Little Man's hair was spiked, but it fell down...it is funky without much work...the boy needs a haircut~

VBS SHIRT DAY

Father's Day Sunday/VBS Program

Brian took pictures of the program, but didn't get Peanut because she quickly was off the stage! The picture of her was taken afterwards...much more appropriate, don't you think? CONTAINED!

Anywho, we had a huge weekend with three parties and Little Man's last baseball game. I will try to post pics of those later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails