Friday, June 26, 2009

My Life as the Sitcom

A few years back, a family of one of my students won the opportunity to be a part of a series on ABC Family. What a hoot and a great memory. The filming crew actually came to our classroom to show how every angle of his life was a sitcom. Watching the crew set up and mike us was hilarious. They filmed us performing a funeral for our class pet the hermit crab. Luckily, my good friend and teaching partner, Lynn Cowell, actually made it to the big screen as she performed the ceremony. We even got to go to a little premiere party! I think Lynn won a TV at that party!!! I mean that girl got lucky...TV star and a TV to watch herself on the sitcom...come on...not bitter or anything! :) Just kidding! It was a great opportunity and an everlasting memory.
Anywho, I have heard several people over the last few years tell Brian and me that our life should be a sitcom. Not quite sure how to take that (Are we dramatic?), but it got me to thinking about this little blog. I will be posting every so often (which will be often) some of our sitcom happenings. This is only one of the crazy things that happened this week, but so worth sharing:






STORY: Everyone has been so kind to give my children toys that have to be blown up! I have a lot of hot air, but not enough for 5 pool toys. I planned on getting my father-in-law's air compressor, but found out that my nephew was in town. I decided to blow them up there, so the kids could play with their cousin. After an hour of trying to figure out that thing, I finally was finished. All toys fit in van except the motorized boat (Thanks-Shannon, Missy, and DeaAnna!). That darn darn motor made it impossible! I was not going to make two trips, so this is how we rode home...please note...we only live two streets over! Happy Laughing...

***We'll be in OKC visiting my family this next week, posts won't be so frequent!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Jayme. Your blog is great! I tried to comment back when you first started but I had problems getting through the security, etc. I'm glad to see you got the kinks worked out with the help of your editor!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails